David Smith - Final Year Project

Saturday, November 18, 2006

My First Idea

After discussing my initial ideas so far with my dad, we both started to come up with improved versions in a mini brainstorming session and actually came up with a half decent idea!

On the Dad Rocks album I bought my dad for his birthday there is a song by Deep Purple called Highway Star. (Click here for all the lyrics.)

First Verse:
Nobody gonna take my car
Im gonna race it to the ground
Nobody gonna beat my car
Its gonna break the speed of sound
Oooh its a killing machine
Its got everything
Like a driving power big fat tyres
And everything

After coming up with various scenarios for animations based on my escapism theme, we decided that one was by far the best:

The idea was that a spade in a toolshed could start singing this song, but his 'car' is the wheelbarrow in the shed, and his 'girl' (who features later in the song), is a garden fork. We thought it would be really funny to explore this idea as a lighthearted take on my theme. The spade (in essence) would be using his dreams as a form of escapism.

In instrumentals I was thinking I could even have the dream sequences when the spade is driving his girl around on an american highway or something!

This idea from a technical point of view would be a good one as I have not explored lip-syncing at all and it would be a useful still to get to grips with. Recently, I have also got my hands on the Brazil renderer for 3DS Max, and I really want to have a play with it, so I will post up some renders of character ideas and maybe scenes soon :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home