David Smith - Final Year Project

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Game On



Stuart Nolan (one of my tutors) sent me an email while I was away about Game On, an event at the London Science Museum being held on the 21 October 2006 til 25 February 2007.

"Explore the history, technology and culture of computer games in this new special exhibition. From the PDP-1 of the 1960s to the latest consoles, Game On examines the technologies that have revolutionised the gaming world. See the ten most influential consoles of all time, learn about the design process behind games such as Tomb Raider, investigate the relationship between films and gaming and play over 100 games including classics Space Invaders and Super Mario Brothers!"

I looked at the special events that were running throughout the event and one stood out that could be very useful:

"28 November, 19.00-20.00

Gaming in Mind
Professor Mark Griffiths, Nottingham Trent University
Do video games represent a new way to learn and interact in our increasingly digital world? Or do they make us more violent and addicted to the gaming buzz? Find out about the psychology of interactive technology and video games today with Professor Mark Griffiths."


I will do my best to get to this as Professor Mark Griffiths will be talking about quite a few of the issues I want to address in the dissertation. I have also found his email and will probably contact him in the near future for an interview (if possible) when I have a set of questions I can chat to him about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home