David Smith - Final Year Project

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Forming Ideas For My Piece

In terms of my dissertation, I seem to be on the right track. I have a topic, plan, and quite afew resources to look at and explore. While I was on holiday I started to think about projects I could do for my main piece.

Going right back to the beginning when I was told it is usually easier if your piece and dissertation are related, I tried to relate any ideas I had to Escapism.

My Initial Idea
I actually thought about one of my initial ideas of creating animation from sound or a soundtrack. I thought maybe I could do this in a light hearted way based on Escapism or Escaping. I went on a *cough* perfectly legal *cough* music hunt to see what kind of tracks I could find to base my animation on. Here's what I found:

- The Great Escape (Theme Tune)
- I Wanna Get Out Of This Place - The Animals (Rock and Roll)
- Escape - Hoobastank (Rock)
- The Great Escape - We Are Scientists (Punk/Modern Rock)
- The Great Escape - Boys Like Girls (Punk/Modern Rock)
- Escape - Enrique Iglesias (Cheese)
- Be My Escape - Relient K (Christian Pop/Punk)

I think we can safely say they got progressivly worse lol! I might be able to use them though? We'll see!

In terms of the animation its self, I was thinking of an animal trying to escape from a cage or something along those lines. Pixars - Knick Knack is a good animation for me to look at ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home