David Smith - Final Year Project

Thursday, October 19, 2006

My Dissertation Plan

Introduction
- Explain what my dissertation is about
- I am restricting my research to Video Games, Animation and Film
- What am I hoping to achieve from the dissertation

History
- I need to briefly cover the background/history behind these areas

Technology
- How has the technology in these areas developed?
- Digital Technology
- Convergent Technology (technologies coming together)
- Delivery Technology:

[Where do we watch films/animation or play games, when can we play or watch these areas? Films are watched, based on when they are being shown at cinemas (although this has changed with video and DVD). We have always been able to choose when to play games. Is this a good thing?]

Escapism
- What are we escaping from?
- How do Games, Animation and Film help us do this?
- Has the growth in media (especially in the home) made any difference? (If it is easier to escape, do more people do it?)

Effects
- Are there any differences (between Games, Animation and Film) in how we are effected by them? (e.g does a game affect us more than a film?)
- Scales of effect (I will find out if they exist, if not I will create them)
- Extreme cases where people have been effected
- Addiction
- Relationships

Conclusion
- Summary of my findings
- What have I learnt from the dissertation, if anything?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home