David Smith - Final Year Project

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Filling In The Gaps - My Project Once More

After a week or two playing around with ideas of what my spade might want to sing about I basically came up with two which seemed to stand out as the strongest.


Idea 1: Carry on with the original idea

My original idea wasn't that bad (in my opinion). By altering it towards the mind-set of a spade, I thought it should work better. I decided to ditch the daydream of him driving a car and instead, want to be a big JCB digger! - Being sick of the mundane life of a spade in the garden, he would fantasise about the wonderful life of a JCB: The huge loads they can lift at one time, the shiny glossy yellow finish, the"wow" they get from children as they pass by, being one if not THE most important part of a building team!


Interestingly, through my research into the thought processes of spades and this first idea, I came up with a second!
Idea 2: 'The grass is always greener'
I thought it would be really cool to do the original animation (idea 1) but from a two point perspective... The garden spade would daydream about the fast-paced, exciting life of a big JCB digger, and on the other hand the JCB would daydream about the simple, relaxing life of being a spade.

I do like this second idea, but the problems I have with it are that I would have to lose the original soundtrack (from idea 1) and also come up with an ending that would be either interesting or funny! I'm still unsure as to how original this idea is too. Hmmm...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home