David Smith - Final Year Project

Monday, December 11, 2006

Explination

I haven't posted on here for a while. It's because I have eased off work on my project and concentrated more on writing my dissertation. Its getting there, but I still have quite a bit of work to do!

In terms of my project, I showed my course tutor Jen what I had done last week. I created a rough storyboard of what I wanted to happen in the animation and also showed her some of the renders I had already posted on here.

She liked my passion for the idea and it seems I have done enough work towards it so far, but unfortunately, I was told I wasn't on for a First with it :(

She said my idea wasn't original enough to get that kind of level of degree... I was thinking to myself... "What? A singing spade's been done before?!" lol. But she meant the concept of the idea (i.e. inanimate objects coming to life in a cartoony style... yeah, I know, its Pixar all over).

Jen suggested I stick with the idea (because of the work I had put into it so far), but to think about the dream sequences in the song (where the instrumentals are) and try to do something original or different with those. She also suggested trying a different look maybe with either textures, lighting or maybe cameras?

I don't really want to change the look of the piece, as this is going to be my showcase for potential jobs, so I want it to look (or at least be similar to) how I imagined it looking. I can understand where she was coming from though (that I need to have or find my own style within my work). Hmmm. Well for now, I'll concentrate on different storyboards for the dream sequences.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home