David Smith - Final Year Project

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Another Idea Change

My main focus so far has been in Video Games, but I also have a keen interest in Animation and Film. After looking at some of the research I have done, I think I can write a dissertation that looks at escapism in all three of these areas, not just video games.

I have decided to group these areas as 'Dynamic Visual Media'.

The technologies in all of these areas have, and are, beginning to converge. Almost all animation is now digital (e.g traditional animation is now done on computers rather than being hand drawn on cells) and films today are using more and more CGI content as it allows film-makers to do pretty much anything they can imagine. This should also help in writing about all three in a dissertation!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home