David Smith - Final Year Project

Monday, April 23, 2007

Title Sequence

To get a break from 3D Studio Max, I decided to have a stab at creating the title sequence for my project. I had not had much experience with Adobe After Effects, but knew that it was used in industry and is a very powerful tool. I was told by a tutor that After Effects would be the best program to create my title sequence. In 24, the style of the title font is in digit form (like on a clock).



I played with the software for a bit trying to discover what did what and eventually started piecing together the sequence. First of all, I got hold of the sound clip that went with the sequence. I then added this to the timeline ready to start animating to. I found that I could randomly generate flickers on the bars using some simple code. I then set the random flickers to keyframes so I could manually edit them to make the bars gradually get brighter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home